Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Interested in transferring to Penn State to complete an English major at Greater Allegheny?

A transfer student is someone who has earned a high school diploma or the equivalent and who has attempted at least 18 semester credits at other regionally accredited colleges or universities before enrolling at Penn State.

Students are often drawn to English because they enjoy great literature. The English degree can also be a pathway to a rewarding career: through reading masterworks of literature, students become more articulate as they develop skills in writing, research, political and cultural analysis, and critical thinking. 

The English curriculum and a sample semester plan is available on the requirements for the major page.



For more information on transferring to Penn State Greater Allegheny

For CCAC students

Bachelor of Arts in English transfer guide (pdf)

For WCCC students 

Bachelor of Arts in English transfer guide (pdf)

Questions about the program requirements, curriculum, or job options?

Dr. MaryEllen Higgins
Campus Program Head
Associate Professor of English

Interested in applying?

Penn State Greater Allegheny Admissions
4000 University Drive
McKeesport, PA 15132