Congratulations on taking the initiative to jumpstart your college education with Penn State!
- You must be a high school junior or a senior to be eligible for this program.
- The tuition reduction is available for a maximum of eight credits per semester.
- As long as you maintain a “C” or better in each course, the tuition reduction is applied for a maximum of eight credits per semester over the course of five semesters: beginning with the fall semester of your high school junior year through the spring semester of your high school senior year. This includes the summer session between your junior and senior years.
- High school students may not take more than eight credits per semester unless special permission is granted.
- Students enrolled in a school district that participates in Pennsylvania’s Project 720 may be eligible for additional funding to offset some or all of the remaining cost.
- Student technology and activity fees will be charged on a per-credit basis.
- Credits earned under the provisions of this program are valid across Penn State University and may be transferred to any another institution that will accept them.
- Students who have graduated from high school may not participate in this program.
How to Apply
New applicants are required to have the following sent to Dave Davis, Penn State Greater Allegheny Admissions, 4000 University Drive, McKeesport, PA 15132 or faxed to 412-675-9056:
- The Penn State Greater Allegheny High School Dual Enrollment Application
- A current, official high school transcript
- A current standardized test score (SAT, ACT, or PSAT preferred, but PSSA is also acceptable)
- A letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor
Students who have previously been accepted into the program do not need to resubmit application materials provided 1) there has been no break in enrollment and 2) the student has performed at a grade "C" or better in prior dual enrollment courses at Penn State. Students who satisfy both 1) and 2) simply need to notify Penn State Greater Allegheny of their new course selection(s) by calling 412-675-9070.
You will be notified of the admissions decision by letter. For students accepted into the program, information regarding course scheduling and orientation will follow shortly after the admissions decision . For more information, please call Dave Davis at 412-675-9011 or e-mail email@example.com..
M - F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Frable Building 101
Toll free in PA: