Penn State Greater Allegheny offers two credit programs to high school students.
- The Dual Enrollment program allows qualified students to take classes at Greater Allegheny, thus getting a start on the college experience while earning college credit. The Dual Enrollment Web Page provides details on eligibility, benefits, and how to apply.
- Penn State offers an Early College Enrollment program for a limited number of highly qualified high school students to enroll as first-year Penn State students after finishing their eleventh grade of high school. Contact Greater Allegheny Admissions if you would like more information.
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- demonstrate a high level of motivation and that they are academically advanced in order to succeed at the collegiate level;
- complete admission requirements for their intended major by the end of the current academic year, except receipt of high school diploma;
- maintain academic excellence through the current academic year;
- have written permission and recommendation to enter the program from a high school principal, superintendent, high school counselor or home school evaluator, and parent/guardian;
- have a guarantee from their high school that a diploma will be granted upon successful completion of their first year at Penn State (successful completion of high school depends on what the high school or home school considers successful);
- be interviewed for this program by an admissions officer at Penn State Greater Allegheny.
- Admissions information