Summer 2008 Scheduling Begins
All summer scheduling across the University begins Monday, February 11, 2008.
Students from any Penn State campus can schedule a summer course at Penn State Greater Allegheny using eLion.
Penn State Greater Allegheny's summer schedule is posted online, and is updated nightly (http://soc.our.psu.edu/soc/summer/mk/index.html).
Non-Penn State students with a high school diploma can also schedule after completing a nondegree student application and submitting to the Campus Registrar's Office, 102 Frable Building, Penn State Greater Allegheny, 4000 University Drive, McKeesport, PA, 15132 (412-675-9170; PSUGA-Registrar@psu.edu).
High school students interested in taking a summer class should follow the instructions at http://www.ga.psu.edu/Admissions/dualenrollment.htm .
The course schedule has been designed to offer the most sought after courses by our students during the summer break. Highlights of the summer schedule include:
- Several accelerated sessions allowing students to earn credits in an expedited manner.
- English, IST, psychology, kinesiology and other courses offered via the web, allowing students to work at home for added convenience.
- Biology and chemistry offerings that include general education courses as well as those that satisfy requirements for a variety of majors, includng pre-med.
- IST support of option courses: PSYCH 100 and PSYCH 221 (web based).
- Courses available to foster multicultural understanding and satisfy the University and B.A. diversity requirements.
- Selection of general education courses to appeal to a variety of student interests.
- An assortment of courses to fulfill requirements for Business, Communications, IST, OLEAD, and Psychology majors.
- Math offerings with small class sizes for more individualized attention.
For more information, contact:
Academic Affairs Office
104 Frable Building