College-bound veteran information day
On Thursday, August 4, from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. college-bound veterans are invited to an information day in the Admissions Office, Frable Building. Lunch will be proved between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Participants will receive a Penn State Greater Allegheny T-shirt for attending.
The day provides a one-stop opportunity for veterans to move forward with plans for college. While on campus, veterans can:
- Apply for admission and have the $50 application fee waived.
- Request your official high school and college transcripts.
- Request your official military transcripts.
- Start your online application for GI Bill benefits - Bring your DD214.
- Submit for financial aid - Bring your 2010 filed income tax forms.
Penn State Greater Allegheny offers the first two years of 160 Penn State majors as well as all four years of bachelor’s degrees in Business, Communications, Psychology, Information Sciences & Technology, Letters, Arts, and Science, English, and Organizational Leadership.
To register for the workshop or for more information about applying to Penn State, call 412-675-9010. Fall classes begin August 22, don’t delay!