Scholarship opportunities for Greater Allegheny students
The campus is soliciting applications for two types of scholarships. There is a common application form and both have a February 25 deadline. The application packet describes both opportunities, requirements, and application procedures.
JoAnne E. Burley Leadership Scholarship
The JoAnne E. Burley Leadership Scholarship has been established to provide recognition and financial assistance to undergraduate students who demonstrate leadership qualities in the classroom and the community.
To be eligible for this scholarship the student must:
- be a full-time or part-time undergraduate enrolled or planning to enroll at Penn State Greater Allegheny who has demonstrated good character and leadership in the classroom and through their participation in campus activities;
- have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA in Fall 2012;
- have demonstrated outstanding leadership on campus within the previous twelve months.
Alumni Society Scholarships
The Alumni Society created a scholarship for students attending Penn State Greater Allegheny. This award was established to provide recognition and financial assistance to a deserving current degree student who has met the requirements for the award:
An eligible student must:
- be a full-time undergraduate student who is currently enrolled in a baccalaureate or associate degree program at Penn State Greater Allegheny;
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the end of Fall 2012 to apply, and at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA when the award is made in Fall 2013.
- demonstrate campus involvement through extracurricular activities and/or community service;
- submit a letter of recommendation from a Penn State Greater Allegheny faculty or staff member.
Qualified applicants also will be required to appear for a personal interview before the Alumni Society Scholarship Committee. (Tentatively scheduled between March 11 and March 15 in the evening.)
Preference may be given to the son or daughter of a Penn State alumnus or alumna (defined as having completed at least 12 credits at Penn State).
Previous Alumni Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.