Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Penn State Greater Allegheny has ten buildings that collectively serve the academic, social, housing, food, and technological needs of students.



View Penn State Greater Allegheny in a larger map

 

Crawford Building

Crawford Building (1959): Named in honor of community leader and philanthropist Edwin R. Crawford. A two-story building that contains two multimedia classrooms, faculty offices, the computer center, as well as three computer labs and the Media Commons digital media center. The multimedia classrooms are two of the larger rooms on campus. One of the three computer labs is updated annually, so the labs always have the most current equipment and software. For more information on Edwin R. Crawford, see these recent historical overviews of Crawford's contributions to the region: "Tycoon, philanthropist Crawford profiled at event," "Crawford's Life, Work Examined at Sunday Talk."

 
Fitness and Cultural Center
Fitness and Cultural Center (1969): This building formerly served as the food services building. In Spring 2005, it was transformed into a new state-of-the-art fitness center for use by students, faculty, and staff. In Fall 2010, the remainder of the renovations were completed, including expanded fitness facilities and a theatre.
 
Frable Building
Frable Building (1967): Named in honor of Milton F. Frable, one of the campus's founding Advisory Board members. Houses many of the administration offices: chancellor's office, academic affairs, admissions, police services, registrar, and student accounts. Classrooms; IST, engineering, and physics labs; and faculty offices are also part of the Frable Building. Additionally, the conference center with two video conferencing rooms is found in Frable and allows a gathering place for administrative meetings, guest speakers, special performances, and student organizations. The Frable Building serves as the information center of the campus and its lobby is often the first place guests stop when they visit Penn State Greater Allegheny.
 
Kelly Library
Kelly Library (1971): Named in honor of J. Clarence Kelly. Has two floors containing books, newspapers, popular and scholarly journals, reference materials, and computers that allow students access to the online resources of the Penn State University Libraries. The bottom floor of the Kelly Library also features the John H. Gruskin Learning Center.
 
Main Building
Main Building (1957): The first building at Penn State Greater Allegheny. Today, this building includes the many faculty offices (including education, psychology, history, English, communications, languages, and African American studies) and the tutoring outreach program called PEPP (Penn State Educational Partnership Program). 
 
Maintenance Building
Maintenance Building (1957): The Maintenance Building contains the office of physical plant services, the administrative organization of Penn State, which is responsible for the stewardship of the University's physical assets. Maintenance shop and vehicle maintenance are also found here.
 
Residence Hall
McKeesport Hall (1969): The residence hall provides student housing, a large study lounge, as well as two recreational rooms. Each residence unit is equipped with high-speed T3 internet hook-ups. Up to 220 students may occupy the residence hall each year. Major renovations were completed in the summer of 2004.
 
Ostermayer Laboratory
Ostermayer Laboratory (1971): Named in honor of philanthropist and community leader Robert W. Ostermayer. Contains classrooms, science and art laboratories, and faculty offices. The Pennsylvania Career and Technical Education office is located here also.
 
Student Community Center
Student Community Center (2003): The 25,000-square-foot Student Community Center (SCC) is located in the heart of the campus. The $5.5 million facility houses both student and campus programs, including music productions, guest speakers, multicultural events, job and career fairs, and public forums. The SCC also houses student affairs and student activities. Cafe Metro and the Metro Express Coffee Shop provide meals and snacks, including Starbucks® coffee.
 
Wunderley Gymnasium
Wunderley Gymnasium (1971): Named in honor of John M. Wunderley, is home to numerous fitness and sport facilities, classrooms, and faculty offices. The gymnasium is the size of two full basketball courts, which allows for various sports as well as large campus functions.